• He won gold with Canada at the 2011 Under-18 Ivan Hlinka Memorial and with Team Ontario at the 2011 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge where he finished the tournament with four points (3-1--4) in six games including a goal and an assist in the title game. Most recently, he won a bronze medal at the 2012 World Under-18 Championships.
• After being selected second overall in the 2010 OHL Priority draft Gaunce led Belleville in rookie scoring in 2010-11 finishing with 36 points (11-25--36) in 65 games.
• His older brother, Cameron, was selected 50th overall by Colorado in 2008 and is a defenseman for the Lake Erie Monsters in the American Hockey League -- he played 11 games with the Avalanche in 2011.
• Gaunce also laced up the cleats in high school, serving as the punter on Markham District High’s Metrobowl winning football team.
• A Markham minor hockey product, he was the highest scoring Minor Midget player in Ontario recording 55 goals and 93 assists in 86 games for the Waxers in 2009-10.
• His hockey hero growing up was Brendan Shanahan and the one thing most people don’t know about Gaunce is that he has done a bit of acting at school – most recently the play Hairspray in eighth grade.
Toronto Maple Leafs
“Simple hands up”
Call of Duty
TJ from Recess
YouTube and Facebook
Sport (other than hockey):
Place to visit: