• Playing in his third Ontario Hockey League season, Pasquale ranked sixth in the league with 32 wins in 61 games and ninth overall with a .911 save percentage in 2008-09. He also represented Saginaw at the 2009 Top Prospects event and the 2009 OHL All-Star Classic this season.
• The Toronto, Ontario native got his start as a goalie because his older brother and cousin used to always put him in the net during road hockey. His cousin, Mike Rice, played four years in the OHL for Brampton, Oshawa and Erie.
• He wears number 40 because Andy Chiodo wore it when he played for the Toronto St. Michael’s Majors and his childhood hockey hero was Curtis Joseph.
• Pasquale learned to skate at the age of eight and credits his parents and goalie coach for having the biggest influence on his career.
• If he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: Cristobal Huet, Carey Price – “to learn about their goalie careers” and Will Ferrell – “because he’s funny”.
PASQUALE HAS LOOK OF FUTURE NHL GOALTENDER
SPIRIT GOALIES PASQUALE ENJOYED A HOME ADVANTAGE
Toronto Maple Leafs
“Pavel’s move on Turco last year”
The Dark Knight
Ontario Hockey League
Pump up song:
“Bleed it Out” by Linkin Park
Sport (other than hockey):