1 2 3 T
Winnipeg Jets WPG 0 1 1 2
32 SHOTS 45
27 HITS 15
2 PIM 6
0/3 PP 0/1

Jets 2, Canucks 3

Wednesday, 06.08.2014 / 4:52 AM

The Jets came close scoring a pair of goals to stay in the game but Samuel Pahlsson picked up the game winning goal late in the third period to take two points from the Jets by a final of 3-2 in Vancouver.

Vancouver's Ryan Kesler got his team on the board scoring a shorthanded goal early in the second period. Kyle Wellwood evened things up shortly and we were tied after two periods.

Blake Wheeler gave the Jets their first lead early in the third but Alex Edler and Pahlsson net one each to take the game.

The Jets head out to Calgary tonight where they prepare to take on the Flames Friday night. Catch that game at 8:00 pm on TSN Jets.


Grant Clitsome took the game's first penalty for high sticking at 8:52 of the opening period putting the Canucks on a power play of the scoreless game. Ryan Kesler led his power play unit from the point challenging Ondrej Pavelec with a few excellent shots, one that missed by a hair as he rang one of the post. Just past the midway mark of the period, the Canucks led 13-2 in shots on goal but the game remained scoreless.

The Jets really turned up the heat in the last couple minutes of the period with Evander Kane getting a great scoring chance on a two-on-one but the puck never found the back of the net.

After twenty minutes, the Canucks were out-shooting the Jets 20-12. The Jets led in the hits category 12-6, and were up 11-10 in the face-off circle.


Alex Edler took Vancouver's first penalty 37 seconds into the second period as he was caught for tripping. A turnover in the Jets zone turned costly as Kesler stole the puck and fired a quick shot that beat Pavelec five-hole Canucks up 1-0 on a shorthanded goal at 1:44.

Kyle Wellwood evened the score for the Jets with under five minutes to play in the second. Kane took the shot from the top of the circle that Schneider kicked aside. Wellwood was there to pick up the loose puck and put it past Schneider to make it 1-1.

The Canucks pushed back in the final minutes trying to regain the lead. Thanks to a lucky goal post again, the game stayed knotted at one.

After two periods, the Canucks led 32-20 in shots on goal.


Blake Wheeler gave the Jets their first lead of the game at 3:34 of the third period. Andrew Ladd made a nifty pass to Wheeler inside the right circle. Wheeler walked around his d-man and put the puck over Schneider's glove side. His 16th of the season had the Jets up 2-1.

The Canucks quickly answered back with Edler firing a fluttering puck through the legs of Pavelec from the point. Sami Salo and Chris Higgins picked up the helpers on the tying goal at 6:28.

Samuel Pahlsson regained the lead for the Canucks at 14:17 from Kevin Bieksa and Jannik Hansen. 3-2 Vancouver.

The Jets tried to battle back to tie the game in the dying minutes of regulation but the bounces just weren't going their way and the Canucks took the Jets by a final score of 3-2.
Back to top ↑