Employment Opportunities with the Winnipeg Jets
The Winnipeg Jets are looking to add a dynamic, outgoing person with proven communication skills and a high level of professionalism for the position Host, Game Entertainment.
Position Title: Host, Game Entertainment
Position Status: Casual / Event Driven
Reports & responsible to: Director, Game Production and Broadcast Services
Position Summary: The Host, Game Entertainment works as an integral part of a collaborative team of Winnipeg Jets game production professionals at all home games, executing live promotions and interacting with fans.
- Clearly and concisely make all necessary PA announcements at Winnipeg Jets home hockey games on a timely basis.
- Create and convey an upbeat and positive dynamic with fans involved in promotions.
- Ability to deliver corporate sponsor messages without error as outlined in the script.
- On-camera presence required for most promotions; In-game host must be very comfortable in front of a camera and 15,000 live patrons.
- Excellent ability to memorize scripts in advance of PA announcements to facilitate interactions with patrons.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely to a large live audience over a public address system.
- Ability to inflect enthusiasm into various announcements and promotions.
- Excellent ability to comfortably interact with a wide array of patrons of various ages and backgrounds, live and on camera.
- Excellent memorization skills. Ability to read and interpret English language documents well.
- Must have good knowledge of hockey.
- Availability for all or virtually all Winnipeg Jets home games is required.
- Ability to work as a contributing team member of a creative game production team.
- Sound interpersonal skills and judgment to aid in management of relationships with various clients, suppliers subordinates, peers and supervisors as required in this role.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to put customer needs and organizational goals at the forefront while still striving to meet individual performance targets.
Physical / Mentally Demanding Tasks:
- Walk/ stand for long periods of time. Walk/ stand on concrete for long periods during events. Work extra long days on event days.
- Work evenings and weekends and event nights as required.
Interested persons should forward a resume along with a cover letter and demo reel to:
The Winnipeg Jets Hockey Club
345 Graham Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3C 5S6
Attn: Human Resources
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected applicants will be required to audition live at MTS Centre. Deadline for submissions is March 21, 2014. True North thanks all applicants, however only those selected for interviews/auditions will be contacted.
Employment Opportunities with the MTS Centre
Have you ever thought about being part of the team that helps deliver exciting world class sports and entertainment events to the people of Winnipeg?
We are currently looking to fill numerous positions in the following areas:
- Event Security*
- Ushers/Ticket Takers
- Event Housekeeping
Applicants should be prepared to work between one and three shifts per week (4 - 15 hours per week) primarily evenings and often on weekends.
Preference will be given to persons with superior interpersonal and team work skills.
Please apply with a resume to email@example.com by March 7, 2014 using the position title you are interested in applying for in the subject line. We thank all those that apply however only those selected for interviews will be contacted in mid March.
*Applicants for security must be licensed or be readily licensable under The Private Investigators and Security Guards Act. Successful applicants that are not currently licensed will be required to obtain a temporary security guard license and complete the training course which will be provided by the employer.